Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Braving the Storm

A winter storm warning was issued for the day I was to leave on a much-anticipated hunting trip to Utah. Several times this winter, bad weather had been predicted, but had dissipated before getting to our area. But this time, of course, the weather man hit dead-on. Snow up to six inches accumulation, temperatures in the one-digits with below zero wind-chill, blizzard conditions with winds up to 35 miles per hour. And I was loving it. It was so beautiful.

Everyone knew how excited I was for this trip, so they were calling, “Do you think you can make it to the airport?”Hope your flight doesn’t cancel.” My husband, Bart, even suggested we drive into Kansas City the night before to ensure we make it to the airport. I’m a strong believer that if something is meant to be, it will happen regardless. If my flight canceled, there must be a reason. So I told my husband I would just wait to see what the next day held. And, yes, it held all they called for and then some. But like I told Bart on the way to the airport shuttle, it just added to the moment. It’s exciting and adventuresome and very gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment